Server and Database Tips to Improve the Loading Speed of Your Site
The loading speed of your website can greatly affect the number of visitors. Being in the internet marketing industry, you are probably aware right now that having good traffic within your site is very important as this will also determine your sales conversion and income generation.
If you want to speed up the loading time of your website, you might want to take a close look at your server and database too. This is also a factor which can slow down the performance of your website if not used properly.
Here are some tips which you could implement so that your business would not suffer because your website takes too long before it loads up.
• Reduce the need to connect to other servers for images, audio or video. I am aware that sourcing out to other servers for content is something that is inevitable because this method also provides good materials for your website. Just try to trim it down to the most essential. In cases when this can be avoided, do so because every time your website would have to connect to another http://, things become a little slower.
• Trim down the use of secure pages too. There are certain pages in your website which absolutely need to be secure. For example, you definitely have to use secure pages on the check out process. For other pages of the site, you may want to use the regular http as this is three times faster than the secure pages.
• See if your server memory needs to be upgraded. Long time use of the server can make you very comfortable with it that oftentimes, you forget that it also needs a boost in memory. Additional server memory can greatly improve the performance of your website.
• Apart from checking on the memory of the server, check on the database server hard drive too. A hard drive which works faster can definitely make things more quick.
• Separate the content server and the database server. Apart from the fact that this will make your website work faster, this is also more secure. Separating the two is extra necessary especially if your website has already increased in terms of number of visitors.
Since we are focusing on making your website perform to its ultimate capacity, allow me to share with you a couple more additional tips on how you could make your website work better.
• Provide a loading process indicator for your site visitors. It is a good thing to let the visitors aware that the page that they are trying to access is being loaded already. This will not necessarily make your site load faster but it will give your visitors a reason to stay and wait until the loading is complete. I have to be honest though that if your website works too slow, the loading process indicator will not really keep your visitors waiting.
• The number and size of the cookies your site uses can also be a factor in your website’s performance. Lessen the number of cookies and reduce the size too.
Creating a website can be a tedious thing but this is one very important factor in establishing an internet marketing business. Take time to continuously improve it so that you can maximize the potential of your site. You would not want to waste all other efforts you put into developing the site simply because people do not visit it due to its slow performance, right?